- accuracy of your mathematical analysis,
- elegance of your solution and
- clarity and creativity in your presentation.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
- A man named Erastothenes
- Erastothenes Sieve
- All the Primes less than 1000
- MERSENE PRIME
Prime Quiz (PART 1) for all as hw
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- It was generally well done and I am particularly impressed by the mathematical presentation from some of you.
- There is a need to relook at the way some of the mathematical symbols were used in your working especially with the use of --->
- While some students are familiar with algebra, I noticed some students are not comfortable to use algebra in problem solving
Thursday, January 21, 2010
- Composite Numbers
- Prime factorisation
- Index Form
- simple comments (to this blog entry)
- use reference from your Maths e-textbook or any other reliable Maths books
- include reliable you-tube on this topics (pls quote source)
- maths dictionary
- sample examples from reliable resources to illustrate your understanding of subtopics
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
- Prime number
- Natural number
- Rational Number
- Vulgar Fraction
Monday, January 18, 2010
Task: In aSST, there is a row of 100 closed lockers numbered 1 to 100. A student goes through the row and opens every locker. A second student goes through the row and for every second locker if it is closed, she opens it and if it is opened, she closes it. A third student does the same thing for every third, a fourth for every fourth locker and so on, all the way to the 100th locker. The goal of the problem is to determine which lockers will be open at the end of the process.
In words, explain your thinking to the following problems clearly. Be sure to use appropriate mathematical language and methods:
• Which lockers remain open after the 100th student has passed?
• If there were 500 students and lockers, which lockers remain opened after the 500th student has passed?
Identify another problem that uses the same method or technique to solve and post it to this blog
Monday, January 11, 2010
Identify 3 points that you have discovered from the video.
- Learning Environment
- As learners, we must be energetic but not over energetic and have a good learning attitude during class (be optimistic).
- We must also be focused and hand in homework on-time.
- We have to be attentive at all times
- During lesson, we should ask relevant questions as involvement is a must.
- We must be humble in order to learn better.
- We respect the teacher by not using vulgarities/bad words.
- We ought to close our macbooks on when teacher is talking.
- We must keep quiet when the teacher is teaching
- Hand in homework on time
- Must make the lesson interesting
- Respect the students
- Must not be Biased
- Makes lessons interesting
- Give time for students to prepare for lessons
- No excessive homework
- Help students when they are in need
- Must be clear
- No surprise test
- No droppings (as in littering)
- Clean the whiteboard
- Mute the MacBook (so as to not distract others)
- Don’t just study in school, also study at home (learning should be everywhere and everytime)
- Switch off appliances when not in use (e.g. air-con)
All rules must be adhered to at all times (during class)