Chap 6 Algebra: Individual or Pair work Viva Voce
Posted by Nur Johari
Task 1: Algebraic Expansion - Self Revision (10 mins)
source: GCSE Bite-Maths and Maths notes
Individually do a quick
revision on algebraic expansion / simplification. The focus is on the step-by-step process in arriving at the eventual answer.
Note: You may refer to the link GCSE Bitesize:rearranging symbols or GCSE Bitesize: solving equations or the Maths notes.
Task 2: Peer Evaluation (10 mins)source: courtesy of S1-01
The following links show the work done by your friends on the topic algebraic expansion. They have created and posted a short videoclip to explain clearly how the following expression could be expanded.(A1) 4m(7 + 3n)
(A2) 10 (6m² + 0.5m + 4)
(A3) (m + 2)(m + 5)
(A4) (3m + 2n)²
• Each clip should not be longer than 1 minute.
• Make sure your voice is clearly and distinctly captured.
• You may use PhotoBooth or QuickTime to complete the task - keeping in mind that the file size of the video clip should be as small as possible.
• Email your clip to Mr Johari at email@example.com and he will then review and upload your clip in the Maths blog. [you should complete the mathematical problem with step-by-step working and script during the given time]
• Remember to state the question as well as your name as your title of the post.