In this task review the view clip again on how ' x finds out his value'.
Go through the site Study Guides and Strategies and attempt the following questions.
- What is the difference between an equation and an expression?
- What are the characteristics of a linear expression?
- What does it mean to solve an equation?
- Can an equation have multiple solutions?
Solve the following equations for the value/s of x.
- 8x - 46 = 2
- 8x + 46 = 2
- -8x +46 = 2
- 8x + 46 = 46
- 8x + 46 = 8x
- What is the significance of the solutions of the above equations?
- Can an equation have multiple solutions or no solution? If so, what is the implication.